Executive Search for the Automotive and Commercial Vehicle Brake Industries
The primary responsibility for the Aftermarket Account Manager is to develop and execute an effective sales strategy for the organization’s premium friction and foundation brake product line. The role will work with senior leadership from multiple disciplines to design and develop the strategy, ensuring effective implementation, and by providing overall program management of aftermarket activities to meet the sales and profit objectives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement plans that leverage OEM product portfolio to increase aftermarket sales.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships, including increasing penetration with current accounts and developing new business with targeted customers.
- Prepare marketing and promotion strategies and plans.
- Develop accurate short and long-term sales forecasts.
- Develop and implement the sales and marketing strategy by traveling to trade shows, professional organization meetings and field/customer visits.
- Gathers information related to parts management, catalog/web development, and new part applications; ensure all activities are coordinated in support of the overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Ensure team assignments and results are consistent with the sales plan.
- Develop processes and tools that support entrepreneurial efforts.
- Prepare sales reports to inform management of results of customer meetings.
- Other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
- Travel is required to meeting sites, trade shows, and customer visits and may comprise up to 50% of the work schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 4 years of Aftermarket or OE automotive supplier experience.
- Advanced knowledge of braking products is preferred.
- Skill in communicating with others in different departments and to other people outside the organization verbally and through writing, including demonstrated success in presenting to senior-level audiences.
- Skill in managing multiple sales accounts and developing new business opportunities.
- Previous customer experience and contacts with aftermarket retailers.
- Ability to effectively lead a team made up of manufacturers’ representatives to effectively delegate tasks to peers and/or subordinates.
- Ability to manage timelines, deadlines and multiple competing priorities, including the ability to use strategic and analytical thinking in order to review and manipulate data.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org