The Functional Safety Manager will be responsible for leading safety related activities on safety critical systems and ensures products, processes and work products are ISO26262 compliant. Specific work products include the Safety Plan, Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Safety Requirements, and Safety Analysis, and Safety Verification and Validation activities.
- Analyze impact of ISO26262 releases and create Functional Safety awareness across departments.
- Develop safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262.
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO 26262.
- Collaborate with project managers, development team and customers on Functional Safety.
- Conduct reviews and audits with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles.
- Support teams with legal compliance elicitation and legal / safety problem solving.
- Perform safety management activities for electronic projects according to relevant standards during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
- Actively mentor, coach and guide to develop engineers and team members within the organization.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of associated experience.
- Experience motorcycle / automotive active safety systems.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, fail-safe concepts and strategies for safety related systems.
- Experience with embedded control systems, hardware and software.
- Advanced knowledge of ISO 26262.
- Experience with creation of safety documents.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization /control skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to peers, management and customers.
- Experience with warranty and reliability of electronic components.
- Familiar with design verification and validation testing.
- Experience leading program and platform team discussions.
- Demonstrated ability to create value through the ability to integrate knowledge from different areas of specialized knowledge
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com