The Manager – Brake Engineering is responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development and release of brake components. This individual will develop performance targets, select specific brake components for applications, develop new specifications to satisfy requirements, address quality issues, and will need to work with counterparts from the extended enterprise. The Manager – Brake Engineering position will also develop technical capabilities within his/her organization.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Master of Science degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design, release and development of brake Systems and components.
- Demonstrated strong team leadership capability.
- Strong planning skills.
- Proven problem solving skill set.
- Strong communication skills – both in verbal and written form – to all levels of the corporation and extended enterprise.
- Strong experience with DFMEA and DVP.
Desired Background / Experience:
- Experience with Brake NVH Development and Problem Solving, Brake Dynamometer Testing and analysis of test results, and Brake Vehicle Development procedures and analysis of test results.
- Experience with design, development and validation of Electromechanical Devices, Brake-related plant process, such as evac & fill, pedal push, etc., and Brake System sizing calculations and methodologies.
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements, brake friction formulation, development and performance.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org