The Lead NVH Engineer will interface with Product Engineering and Development Engineering groups to determine appropriate countermeasures for brake noise.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interface with suppliers to collaborate on the best methods and tools to provide robust brake noise solutions.
- Improve the core competence of the Brake Engineering Group in the resolution of noise issues.
- Provide daily direction to other Foundation Brake NVH Engineers.
- Identify the appropriate tools and equipment needed to establish best practices for noise solutions and lead harmonization activities to implement these best practices.
- Build the appropriate brake noise models to aid in the resolution of noise issues.
- Complete Operating Deflection Shape (ODS) measurements on dynamometer; establish correlation to the model and make recommendations for improving specific noise issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Automotive or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in noise engineering demonstrated by practical application and/or academic projects.
- Experience solving vehicle brake noise or similar complex vehicle noise issues.
- Experience with typical noise/vibration measurement equipment and analysis techniques (ADAMS, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, LMS TestLab, ODS Measurements, Accelerometer Data Collection)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to interface with suppliers and internal cross functional teams.
- Proficiency in engineering disciplines, such as DVPR, DFMEA, etc.
- Proficiency in noise modelling and data collection with a proven track record of solving brake noise issues.
- Formal training/experience in problem solving, quality and reliability.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Green belt / Black Belt certification.
- Experience in manufacturing of brake components and vehicle assembly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org