The Product Line Manager is responsible for market research and analytic support for the aftermarket product line team. This role will identify market trends, conduct business and competitive analysis, and provide information that drives and supports the annual operating plan and the strategic business plan development. The individual will work with program teams and sales to ensure the organization’s needs are met over the life cycle of the product, by releasing new parts, service components, maintaining market pricing, and identifying product gaps.
- Understand what data is needed to drive the execution of key strategies, address business questions, and enable data-based decisions that result in growth.
- Develop actionable key insights.
- Develop solutions for meeting business needs, identify gaps between existing and proposed tracking and reporting, and drive projects to prioritize and address the gaps.
- Assist in identifying key assumptions and success factors critical to long term business success.
- Based on market research and key insights, identify new opportunities and potential projects.
- Maintain a pricing database that includes intelligence, quote tracking and price ladders.
- Applying various quantitative methods to analyze and interpret information from multiple data sources.
- Proactively identify market trends.
- Program manage the launch of key new business opportunities; leading cross functional team involvement for successful launch.
- Oversight of critical marketing events and projects.
- Budget ownership for marketing department, budget oversight for sales departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, information systems, statistics, marketing or business.
- Minimum of 5-7 years product management or related experience.
- Experience in the automotive or automotive related industry with familiarization of aftermarket business.
- Advanced proficiency in Access and Excel (i.e. creating macros, formulas, charts, pivot tables etc.).
- This position requires strong detail orientation, as well as, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to lead cross functional team meetings & program launches.
- Big data – ability to synthesize and analyze large sets of market data to yield actionable findings.
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Data-mining, relational database and business intelligence experience.
- Strong technical understanding.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written as well as formal and informal presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and maintain project flexibility and deliver by deadline.
- Capable to work in team setting or independently with limited supervision.
- Possesses strong level of knowledge of the organization’s policies, products, and/or services, including the engineering principles and specifications of assigned products.
- Knowledge of the market trends and the implications of those trends for the industry, customers, markets, and competition.
- Understanding of how sales / marketing interrelates with other functions in the organization.
- Exhibits high credibility and trustworthiness to customers and internally within organization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com