The Senior Research & Development Engineer will play a key role in the development process of friction products for the Automotive Aftermarket segment. Products are made with metallic and ceramic friction materials using global manufacturing processes. The materials are used in disc brake applications for both OE and Aftermarket customers in all types of vehicles. In this role, the Senior R&D Engineer will design and develop new products for the assigned projects and will establish, conduct and evaluate product application tests and comparisons.
- Generate and maintain mix, process and product specifications to production and product development.
- Analyze and recommend methods, procedures, and standards applicable to R & D and production.
- Identify and pursue cost reduction opportunities within both products and processes.
- Support the launch of new products in to the factory.
- Support production where formulation issues are identified.
- Prepare product information to support sales and marketing groups.
- Lead and/or participate in APQP Advanced Product Quality Plan (APQP) meetings as a representative of R & D.
- Stay current with the state-of-the-art in friction material research via published literature, training courses and seminars/conferences and report to management technical changes, innovations and other developments in the market.
- Monitor assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field required.
- PhD in a Material Science Field (friction related) is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in friction material compounding or compounding of other related products.
- Work experience in an Industrial/Manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Background in design of experiment methodologies and new product development is preferred.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Project and Power Point.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org